just to placate theo fans heres a batch of him enjoying the spring sunshine in the garden…
Thanks to everyone on my FB and forums for asking about theo. he cut his tongue very badly the night i flew out , but is recovering and all fine , he’s just going to have a forked tongue now poor old boy .
oh you guys on the flowbench forum, sorry about the medusa withdrawals !!! 😀 well i am doing my bit over here in vancouver , went to the van dusen car show yesterday ,and had some ideas ..
first off , i have bought a 2nd set of titanium headers …
so once i get one more set that will be 12 titanium headers for the maximum medusa twisty pipes effect oh yes ,total cost so far 15 quid for one set and a fiver for the other .
now at the show were a few grills i liked ,and i decided to make a hybrid ..my Daimler grill ,with larger wider slats for a more aggressive look …
really like those broader slats . i also need some big headlights , no not veronica again lol, the sort i want are lucas fp1100
if i cannot find these i will make some from 4 5” lights per side .
well a bit of a fit of activity ensued yesterday ,i was determined to get the thing mocked up so i can measure where everything goes and start to make a scale model of the bodywork .
so in between biblical rain storms , i juggled and heaved and adapted , until i had the engines and coupling linked up .using a hoist with an arm that is about 10” to short does not help !!
here you can see the coupling .it needs to have some spacers made , or for me to cut away the areas where the bolt heads go .
then i found a old can of silver , and my inner magpie erupted forth, i really wanted to see how the block casting waffle pattern would continue along the engines …
drivers view… 5ft of engine sir ? coming right up !!
then somehow the rockers got sprayed as well , don’t worry ,all this will be steam cleaned off and it done properly.
the train for oxford will be arriving shortly !!
so that’s the story so far 🙂 I’m very happy with the way they look together , and feel that pulling out of junctions will not be a problem , due to the mesmerising effect on the other drivers 😈 .
A little more progress.
i had to try to make a hub for the rear of the front engine. i used a bit of 1/2 inch plate , tough steel ,and machined it to have a recess to match the back of the crank ,then 4 holes for the connection to the crank ,then a hole in the middle to take the spigot bush out of the original 3 leg coupling casting .
it all went quite well ,and now you can see a rough idea of how it all goes .
next thing is to finish the 4 holes with a template to keep them true, drill the 3 holes for the ring ,and tap them M12 1.75 so they don’t need a nut on the back .so keeping it all as slim as possible .i still have to clearance the area on each hub for the other sides bolt heads.